This module provides a Raku tool (make-wp-input) to aid Raku Advent authors in preparing their article source for conversion to a format compatible with the html and css used by WordPress (WP).
zef install RakuAdvent::WordPress;
zef install p6doc p6doc RakuAdvent::WordPress;
$ make-wp-input -eg > advent.html Usage: make-wp-input <html source file> [-x][-c][-eg][-debug][-help]
$ make-wp-input -help Usage: make-wp-input <html source file> [-x][-c][-eg][-debug][-help] Converts html source in the input file to WordPress html in the output file 'wordpress.html'. Use the '-x' option to extract headings from the input file for QC. Use the '-eg' option to write the example file to STDOUT. Use the '-c' option to convert to markdown. [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED]
See the example html source file included with the module:
$ make-wp-input -eg > advent.html
Create a raw html source file and format it for input to WordPress (with automatic error checking):
$ make-wp-input advent.html Normal end. See output files: 'wordpress.html' '.wordpress.html.tmp.no-inserted-code'
Note the file 'wordpress.html' is the one that contains your source converted for use as your WordPress article. It includes any code you have inserted into it. The second file, the hidden file '.wordpress.html.tmp.no-inserted-code', is for use during the conversion to markdown (which is not yet implemented) but it hasn't had the code insertions completed. That is because the insertions into a markdown file will require slightly different handling.
Sometimes in a tangle of html in a long article it's easy to lose track of the sequence and size of headings, so we have a check for that:
$ make-wp-input advent.html -x <h3>Introduction</h3> <h3>Background</h3> <h4>Article creation</h4> <h3>Summary</h3> <h2>APPENDIX</h2> <h3>Notes</h3> <h3>References</h3>
Note the source html must meet some simple rules to ensure success with the current state of make-wp-input:
- The following opening tags should be the only characters on their respective lines:
- At the moment do not use any html comments except:
- <!-- Day N - My Advent Post Title --> [ON THE FIRST LINE ONLY]
- <!-- insert file-name code-type -->
See the example file for an illustration of the title line. See the
t/02-example-advent-html.t for an example of inserting
code into the source file.
Note the interaction of other html source tags with WP may not be as expected. You are encouraged to preview results and experiment for yourself. The WP website is still under development, and user input is encouraged.
- Convert html to Github-flavored markdown
- Allow paragraphs in the source html to be recognized by either blank lines above and below the text or a line with a closing tag on the line before the text or an opening tag on the line following the text
- Use the WordPress API to do all interaction
with the user via the command line including:
- posting the generated WP html
- setting the scheduled publication time
- changes to the post or scheduled time
Artistic 2.0. See the license here.
Copyright (C) 2019 Thomas M. Browder, Jr. <firstname.lastname@example.org>