FastCGI for Raku
A library for building web applications using FastCGI in Raku.
Uses a PSGI-compliant interface by default, so you can use it with
any PSGI-compliant frameworks, such as WWW::App.
Basic functionality works, but is currently fairly slow using the pure source
implementation of the FastCGI protocol.
I haven't done any extensive testing using input streams or error streams.
Currently the use of the handler() call is required.
More advanced use, such as with the new SCGI is planned, but will require
some significant refactoring.
my $fcgi = FastCGI.new( :port(9119) );
my $handler = sub (%env)
my $name = %env<QUERY_STRING> || 'World';
my $status = '200';
my @headers = 'Content-Type' => 'text/plain';
my @body = "Hello $name\n";;
return [ $status, @headers, @body ];
This requires a Raku implementation that can export constants, and has
the pack() and unpack() methods with at least 'C', 'n', 'N', and 'x' format
- Test the STDIN and STDERR streams.
- Rename FastCGI::Protocol to FastCGI::Protocol:PP
- Add FastCGI::Protocol::NativeCall as a wrapper to libfcgi
- Write new FastCGI::Protocol wrapper that uses either PP or NativeCall
- Refactor the Connection/Request code to allow for custom request loops.
This was build by Timothy Totten. You can find me on #raku with the nickname supernovus.
Artistic License 2.0